Arthur Meehan was born in New Jersey and studied at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) in Manhattan, New York City - widely considered to be one of the leading artschools in the United States.His artistic heroes are the sculptor Rodin and photographer Edward Weston. Arthur is inspired by natural beauty - pure and unadorned as nature intended and this informs his beautiful studies. His journey quite simply is 'through the heart'.
Meehan's studies have won a number of prestigious awards:
1st Place winner at Focus Show – Spark Gallery, Denver, Colorado, USA, 2015. 40 artists were exhibiting.
Spotlight Award – Black and White Magazine (featured in the December 2013 issue).
Featuring in the Saatchi Gallery, The Kings Road, London in an on-screen exhibition of photographers’ work from around the globe, 2013.
Gold winner - 'Fine Art Still Life' category at the PX3 Prix de la Photographic, Paris. 2010 - Europe's biggest and most prestigious photography competition.
1st Place winner- 'Fine Art Nude' category at the International Photography Awards, 2009 - one of the most comprehensive photographic competitions in the World.
Award of Excellence Black and White Magazine,USA, 200
- 2018-"Arthur Meehan-Selected Artworks"@Dirk Cousaert/Belgium
- 2013 - "Raw Beauty" Gallery 1, The Netherlands
- 2012 - "Contour" Studio Bergamott, Stockholm
- 2012 - "The Muse" Park Walk Gallery, London
- 2010 - "The Wine Box Series" Park Walk Gallery, London
- 2008 - "A Personal View" Park Walk Gallery, London
- 2017- 17th European Festival Of Nude Photography In Arles,France
- 2017- Epreuves D'Artisties Exposition Collective/Belgium
- 2015 - Focus Show, Spark Gallery, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2015 - The Big Picture Show, in conjunction with the Month of Photography, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2010 - The Chronical, Gun Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010 - ArtLondon, Chelsea, London, UK
- 2008 - 20th Anniversary Exhibition, Park Walk Gallery, London